In the complex world of retirement planning, there are countless pitfalls one could fall into. In this episode, we’ve distilled it down to what we believe are the top 10 mistakes to watch out for. In part one of this two-part episode, we’re going to discuss the first 5 money mistakes that Phil often sees in retirement planning.
Avoiding these crucial missteps can have a significant impact on the success of your retirement plan. Join us as we delve into these key issues, such as taking Social Security too early, being too aggressive or conservative with your investments, and more. Tune in as Phil shares how to navigate these more effectively so that you can be prepared when it’s your turn to plan for retirement.
Here are some of the things we’ll address in this episode:
- Ignoring future tax implications of your retirement savings [2:30]
- Starting Social Security too early [5:51]
- Focusing on returns instead of income [9:59]
- Being too aggressive or conservative [12:01]
- Taking investing advice from family or friends [16:02]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, reach out and we’ll be happy to set up a time to talk.