Are you confident that your financial plan is complete? Many people believe they have a solid plan in place, only to realize later that they’ve missed important areas. From not accounting for long-term care expenses to overlooking the impact of taxes on retirement income, there are many ways a financial plan can be incomplete.
On this episode, we’ll be pointing out the most common areas people overlook when planning and provide actionable tips to ensure that your plan is as comprehensive as possible. The good news for anyone that feels they’ve overlooked any of these items is that they are all correctable by taking the time with an advisor to do some proper planning.
Here are some of the things we’ll address in this episode:
- How prepared are you for a market downturn early in retirement? [1:24]
- Inflation is on everyone’s radar now but is your plan prepared for the effects it will have over a long retirement? [4:21]
- Medical costs are more expensive than what many people prepare for. [6:53]
- Getting prepared for the likelihood of a tax increase in the future. [7:52]
- Most of us just don’t want to face the possibility of long-term care so we don’t build it into our plan. [12:00]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, reach out and we’ll be happy to set up a time to talk.