Another year is upon us and it’s a great time to ask yourself some critical questions to assess how ready you are for retirement to kick off 2023.
If you’re retiring this year, it’s essential to have some concrete answers to these questions. If you’re still a few years from the milestone, tune in so you can start thinking about these critical conversations.
We broke this discussion up into two parts so we could take enough time for each of these items on the checklist. In part one, we worked through #1-5 on the list, which included a lot of income planning items. This episode will focus on the final five items on the list and many of these are out of our control.
Planning is critical for taking control of your future, and it helps prepare for the things we know will happen and the things that might happen. So work through this checklist to find out if you’ve thought through some of the key items that will impact your money in retirement. If you have any questions, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help you.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Do you have a plan to combat inflation? [1:36]
- Are you prepared for the possibility of future tax increases? [6:48]
- Healthcare costs are outpacing just about everything. Do you have a plan to cover medical needs? [13:08]
- Do you have any kind of legacy plan in place? [15:34]
- Do you know how you intend to spend your time in retirement? [18:08]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, reach out and we’ll be happy to set up a time to talk.