Another round of retirement changes are on the way after President Biden signed a spending bill in December 2022 that included the SECURE Act 2.0. Retirees and pre-retirees need to understand what this legislation means, how it might impact you, and what planning opportunities this could open up.
In the first part of the series, Phil highlighted the age changes for required minimum distributions along with some Roth changes that were included. This episode will focus on an assortment of additional planning changes that you need to be aware of. Some of them are already active and a few will kick in over the next year or two.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Catch-up contributions getting an inflation adjustment. [0:50]
- The Starter 401(k) [4:44]
- The ability to get a company match if you’re making student loan payments. [5:48]
- Changes to qualified charitable distributions [10:04]
- Changes coming in future years. [16:30]
- Phil’s overall opinion on SECURE Act 2.0 [18:22]