Whether you’re close to retirement or still far from that exciting date, it’s not uncommon to wonder when you should start preparing for each aspect of it. From figuring out the right time to be debt-free and when to adjust your portfolio risk, to deciding when to plan for your Social Security benefits or healthcare coverage, this episode guides you through the ideal timeline for each.
Tune in to find out how far away from retirement you should have answers to these pressing questions. By understanding the different aspects involved, preparing in advance, and seeking expert advice, you can map out your retirement journey with confidence!
Here are some of the things we’ll address in this episode:
- Tackling debt before retirement [2:12]
- Having a structured income plan [5:29]
- Drawing Social Security [7:01]
- Should you and your spouse retire at the same time? [8:35]
- Do you have too much risk for your age? [11:02]
- Income and expenses in retirement [12:32]
- Planning for rising taxes and inflation [15:12]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, reach out and we’ll be happy to set up a time to talk.