We’re back for part two of this two-part series! In episode one, we debunked the first five common Social Security misconceptions and set the record straight. Today, we’ll take on the next five myths that have been causing confusion and misinformation about Social Security.
These myths may have some nuggets of truth in them, but they’ve been twisted and distorted along the way, leading to confusion and uncertainty about this important retirement benefit. But fear not! Phil is here to give you the facts and answer your questions so you can make informed decisions for your financial future.
Here are some of the things we’ll address in this episode:
- Can I work and still receive Social Security benefits? [1:28]
- You don’t have to be a U.S. citizen to receive benefits. [5:09]
- If I have a pension, will I not be eligible for Social Security? [6:35]
- Social Security is not based on your total assets. [8:37]
- Social Security benefits are based on your highest 35 years of earnings. [10:20]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, reach out and we’ll be happy to set up a time to talk.